The urge to get even is strong, isn’t it?
What Does The Bible Say?
Romans 12:17-21 says… “ Repay no one evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends upon you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves but leave it to the wrath of God; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” “No, if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
From this scripture, we learn:
1. We should not repay evil for evil.
2. We should realize others are watching.
3. We should live peaceable lives.
4. We should trust that God is just.
5. We should do good to our enemy.
6. Instead of being overwhelmed with evil, we overwhelm evil with good.
If you have a Bible question, send it in.