WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
Can I Control My Thoughts
The world (media) is constantly bombarding us with its message. Sometimes we surprise ourselves with what we think. Is it even possible in this day and time to control our thoughts?
What Does The Bible Say?
Philippians 4:8 says... "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
In this verse we learn the secret of controlling our thoughts. It is not enough to avoid bad thoughts; we fill our minds with good thoughts.
1. If it is true, think about it.
2. If it is honorable, think about it.
3. If it is just, think about it.
4. If it is pure, think about it.
5. If it is lovely, think about it.
6. If it is gracious, think about it.
7. If it is excellent, think about it.
8. If it is worthy of praise, think about it.
You see...your mind will be so full of good stuff; there will be no room for the bad.
Can you control your thoughts?
The Bible says yes! Actually, in Philippians 4:13 it says... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
P.S. If you have a Bible question, send it in.