WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
It has become a popular idea today that Christ is but one of many ways to God.
What Does The Bible Say?
Colossians 2:8-15 says... "See to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ. For in Him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily and you have come to fullness of life in Him, who is the head of all rule and authority. In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; and you were buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, who were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, having cancelled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this He set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in Him."
From this scripture we learn:
1. The whole fullness of Deity dwells in Him. Verse 9
2. You can come to fullness of life in Him. Verse 10
3. You put off the body of flesh in Him. Verse 11
4. You are buried with Him in baptism. Verse 12
5. You are raised with Him through faith. Verse 12
6. You are made alive together with Him. Verse 13
7. You have overcome the power of Satan in Him. Verse 15
Be careful whom you listen to. Some want to have you for dinner. Verse 8