WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
There is a lot of talk about the birth of Jesus this time of the year. What is the real significance of it?
What Does The Bible Say?
John 1:1-5 says… “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God; all things were made through him and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.”
When John tells the story, he does not start in eternity.
1. The Word (Jesus) was in the beginning. He is eternal. He is God.
2. The Word (Jesus) was with God. Where ever God the Father was the Word was there.
3. The Word (Jesus) was God.
4. Creation (the universe) was made through the Word (Jesus) and by the Word (Jesus).
5. The Word (Jesus) is the source of life.
6. Darkness cannot overcome the Word (Jesus).
No wonder the angels sang. No wonder wise men still seek Him.
If you have a Bible question, send it in.